Barefoot Creations (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy was last updated on 21 May 2019.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.barefootcreations.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the GDPR, Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and other data protection legislation, the data controller is Barefoot Creations of 50 Church Street, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK2 2NY.
Information we may collect from you during your visit
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.barefootcreations.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (this will be the order form if you check out as a guest or the registration form if you create an account with us);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- To administer any prize draws or competitions run by Barefoot Creations. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Barefoot Creations or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Legal Basis of Processing Your Information
When you purchase an item from www.barefootcreations.co.uk, create an account with us, or enter into any other form of agreement with us, we will process your conventional personal data for that particular purpose. We may also process your conventional personal data if you e.g. have a query or similar that precedes your decision to enter into an agreement with us.
The legal basis for which we may process your personal data is stated in Article 6 1, b) of the EU Personal Data Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), as the processing of your information is necessary for us to fulfil our agreement with you or for us to handle your inquiries and such like, ahead of concluding an agreement.
We may also process your ordinary personal data on the basis of the rules in the GDPR Article 6 1, f) unless our interests are outweighed by your privacy rights and statutory freedom. We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data (name and email address) for both marketing and analytical purposes. Our legitimate interest is based on your preferences so that we can better customise our offerings to you—and ultimately offer products and services that better meet your needs and wishes. Additionally, we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data for analytical purposes.
Your right to access to information we hold
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. There is no charge for this. We have a full Subject Access Request Procedure which available on request. In summary Subject Access Requsts need to be made in writing and will require verification that you are the person who’s data we hold. In the first instance please contact us via the email@example.com email address.
Your right to amend and/or delete your personal data
You have the right to request correction or deletion of your stored personal data. To do so, send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then investigate your request and will comply to the required extent. If, for any reason, we cannot comply with your request, we will contact you. We have various legal obligations where we will require access to some of your information even you request that we delete it.
Your right to object to the processing of your personal data and to unsubscribe
Emails sent to you by Barefoot Creations containing newsletter or marketing content include the option to unsubscribe by following the instructions set out in the email. If you do not wish to receive emails from us, you can simply click on the unsubscribe link and we will stop sending you emails.
Emails relating to transactions are not considered marketing and cannot be surpressed as the content confirms the legal contract of sale.
Conditions and limitations on your rights
There may be conditions to or limitations on your aforementioned rights imposed on us by other legislation including adhering to relevant tax laws in every jurisdiction where we trade.